Monday, January 12, 2009

New York

This past weekend, Scott and I traveled to New York to spend the weekend with his Cousins Allison and Mike and their two adorable little children. They actually live in New Jersey, but its just a short commute to NY city. It was a much needed vacation.
Since I have been to New York on a few occassions, we really didn't feel it was necessary to do all the sight seeing stuff that many people do on their visits to the city. We did however have tickets to see "Wicked" on Broadway. It was a great show, and we had tons of fun. I have to say though that much of our walking in the city was very brisk and thus the next day my legs were definitely sore. LOL. We spent much time with the kids and got some good advice from his cousins about baby stuff. As first time parents, who know absolutely nothing about children, Scott and I are always thankful for any helpful tips we can get.

I have to say though that I never understood how much a vacation can take out of you when you are pregnant. By the time we got home yesterday afternoon, I was ready to just pass out and not do anything for the next week except for sleep. But alas, I have work and other responsibilities. I did get a good nights sleep though and woke up somewhat refreshed this morning. I will just have to keep this new degree of tiredness in mind the next time I plan on going on a trip. Anyway, we had a blast and it provided some much needed relaxation.

1 comment:

Davis Family said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Yes, being tired is just part of parenting. Even after you are not pregnant anymore, there will still never be enough sleep. And even if there is, those kiddos can wear you out! (That's me today) :)

Glad you had fun in NY! Someday I am going to visit there. I've still never been.

Sharon