Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Heartbeat

So this morning I woke up with some cramps that to me seemed abnormal comopared to the ones I have been having on a regular basis. My first appointment with the Doctor I want to continue my pregnancy with wasn't till this next Tuesday. Scott and I are planning on going to New York tomorrow and I wanted to make sure there wasn't anything seriously wrong before we took the trek out there. The doctors office after hearing about my symptoms was amazing and got me in for an appointment at 12:00. After checking me over the Doctor said that I was just fine, and that I may be worrying a little to much, and to just relax a little. She did reassure me though that being overly cautious was something she often sees in first time expecting mothers. Anyway, during the appointment, the Dr. used a doppler and I got to hear our little one's heartbeat for the first time. Over the last few months it is sometimes hard to believe that I am actually pregnant. However, hearing Scott and I's baby's heartbeat made it so much more real. Its amazing how your heart leaps inside when you hear that precious speeding little thump, thump, thump. I can't wait for Scott to be able to hear it as well. Anyway, the appointment went well and she scheduled me for an ultrasound this next week as well. I am truly looking forward to seeing a picture of our little one. Well, just wanted to keep everyone updated. Hope your weeks are going well.

No comments: