Monday, October 6, 2008

Anniversary Weekend

Anniversary's are always something that I have considered to be something special. This last weekend, Scott and I celebrated our one year anniversary. First of all, I guess it is hard to believe that we have already been together for a year. Time has begun to go by so much faster. I wouldn't change a minute of this last year though. On Friday, Scott and I revisited where we first met, at Oktoberfest. It was much colder this year than last, and I had to bundle up to stay warm. We walked around and ate some very good fair-like food. Scott had a potato pancake reuben, and I had German mashed potatoes. We then ate some fair fries, loaded with vinegar and salt. (We both love them that way!) After freezing awhile more, I had some cider and then we decided to head to Brubaker's, where he invited me to come and join him and his friends to get to know me better. It was a blast and we had a really good time.
We both had things to do on Saturday, but we spent Sunday together. We were planning on going out to a nice place for dinner, but oops, I fell asleep and didn't wake up till around 8:00pm. Usually its Scott who is always sleeping. Guess I was just tired from my bowling league. Anyway, Scott went and picked up some pizza and wings and we sat in bed laughing and eating, enjoying a very special day. I never would have thought that pizza and wings over a nice dinner would have created a most memorable occasion, and yet that is exactly what happened. In the end, I guess it doesn't really matter what you do or where you do it, as long as it is with the person you care about most. I am lucky to have such an amazing man in my life. He is my soul mate, my best friend, and the love of my life. Thank you Scott! What a great weekend. I truly am blessed.

No comments: