Sunday, August 2, 2009

Life as a parent


My life has changed so much over the last four weeks. I cannot believe that Emma and Addison are already almost a month old. This last month has gone by so quickly and the girls have grown so much as well.



As I have gotten older my life has seemed to go by more and more quickly. However I know now, that it will continue to go by even quicker as I watch my little girls sprout up before my very eyes every day.



Life in the Hovey household has adjusted to a schedule of feeding, wake time, and sleeping, with the ever present need to change diapers. I am pretty sure we have calculated that we go through at least 36-40 diapers a day between the two of the girls. Overall though the girls are great. They sleep well most of the time and wake up only once or twice during the night, at which point Scott and I rotate to take the feedings. We have it pretty much down pat at this point. I have people tell me that they don't know how I handle two, since they always had problems with just one. In response, I think that I have just adjusted to the two and since I have never known any different, it just comes naturally for me. You do what you have to do, and when you can't figure it out, you do the best you can.

All of Scott's family have been so helpful and wonderful with the girls. It has been nice to be able to get out and do my errands when I need to, and to have help when the girls have their doctor visits.



I want to thank everyone for their gifts and congratulations, and all the love and support we have received from our family and friends. We love you all.

No comments: