Sunday, August 2, 2009

Its been Forever and a Day!





To all my friends who read my blog. I apologize for not posting any pictures or updates in the last couple of months. Life seemed to get very hectic once I started to feel my pregnancy woes, and then deliver the girls. Its even crazier now that they are staying awake more and growing bigger every day.








So for the specifics on the girls. Addison and Emma Hovey were born on July 7th, 2009 at 5:24am and 5:41am. They were 5lbs 9oz, and 5lbs 6oz, and each were 19 inches long. There were no complications, and both girls were born healthy and happy.








I was successful in carrying the girls to week 37, which is really good for a twin pregnancy. I was ready to have them out though, so they came at the perfect time. I gave birth vaginally, and from the time my water broke till delivery it was about 12 hours. I pushed for 30 minutes and they were out. Funny thing was though the placenta weighed more than the girls at a whopping 6 1/2 lbs. Insane if you ask me. Overall though I was blessed as far as pregnancy and delivery are concerned and had a fairly easy time of it. Thanks to all for your prayers thoughout.








The girls and I are home now and are doing well. We are all adjusting to our schedules and Scott and I are getting used to our lives as parents. It amazes me how much your life can change in just a few days. I couldn't ask for a bigger blessing.








I will do my best to be better about blogging and posting pictures from here on out.








No comments: