Thursday, September 4, 2008

Work, Work, and more Work

Life seems to be ever compromised of responsibility, work, and more work. My days don't vary much, with the odd exception every now and again. I get up around 6:30am every morning, take my shower, let the dog out, feed the dog, and finish getting ready. I am out the door usually around 7:30am and on my way to work. I get to work, walk a mile from the parking lot to the actual building, which is miserable when the weather is bad. Anyway, I get to work, make some much needed coffee and then proceed to process for a minute before my boss needs my assistance. From there on I am usually pretty busy in the mornings, but the afternoons are rough at times. I am sure that if I actually get the full time position, unlikely- but I can dream, that I will be busier. After a struggle through the afternoon, I head home and then have started working out for the hour I have between going back to work at my second job, cleaning banks. That usually takes me a couple of hours, so by the end of my day I have been going for 10 to 11 hours straight. This makes for a very exhausting week. Oh and lets not forget to mention that I have started grad school which takes up another 5 hours of time I don't have. There are days that aren't so bad and I actually feel like I am alive and can do something after everything get done that day. However most days I am tired and just need to sleep. My life is full of excitement.
Now I realize that this blog might seem a bit depressing, so let me lighten the mood by stating that in no way am I unhappy with my life. I have a lot of great opportunities ahead of me, and I have great people like my boyfriend Scott who is always there to lay my head on at the end of the day. Having him in my life makes everything else seem okay. He is my rock and gets me through any tiring day, and makes it good again. I love him with all my heart. I am also blessed with supportive family and friends. I have a great life, despite it being monotonous.
Being an adult is never as exciting as it seems, but I am enjoying being on my own and being able to make the choices I always wanted to make about my life. I am taking initiative and striving to make myself a better person, learning as I go. Cheers to life's journey and the road that gets us to our goal in the end.

No comments: